5 Tips for Finding New Customers
Finding new customers can be a big challenge for small business owners. There is no one-size-fits-all solution but here are some tips to get you started:
- Identify your target market. Define the types of customers or businesses that have a need for your product or service.
- Research market trends. Find information through industry publications or online resources like Pew Research Center or Pew Internet. For a quick snapshot, look at business infographics.
- Know your competitors. Don’t try to steal clients. Look at the marketing strategy of successful competitors to assess where they get new clients and determine how they retain existing clients. Are they missing a niche market?
- Get out of your office. Go to where prospective customers are and network with other business owners who may be looking for your services. Join a professional organization like your local chamber of commerce. Attend professional networking events through sites like Plancast and Meetup.
- Demonstrate your expertise. Write a blog or articles related to your industry that customers may find useful. Offer to guest blog on popular blogs. Get free visibility by volunteering your services.